Our firm is dedicated to helping people who have been convicted of a crime and need to file an appeal or post-conviction motion. We aggressively represent clients throughout the State of Florida for all criminal appellate and post-conviction matters. Regardless of your situation, our firm will make all efforts to assist you until you obtain the best result possible. We proudly handle all criminal appellate matters in State court, as well as in Federal court.
Why choose our firm?
When you hire our firm, you will feel confident knowing that we have the experience, knowledge and skill to handle your case. Attorney Jason T. Forman has over 20 years of experience practicing in criminal trial & appellate litigation. As a former prosecutor, he will use his experience and knowledge to help you overturn your conviction, withdraw your plea or file a motion for post-conviction relief. You can rely on his knowledge and his desire to win to help you obtain the best possible result. Mr. Forman has personally handled hundreds of combined appeals and post-conviction motions since he was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1997.
Importantly, Mr. Forman will personally handle your criminal appeal or post-conviction motion, regardless if it is in Florida State court or Federal court. After all, you are relying on Mr. Forman’s experience, skill and well-respected reputation – you do not want an inexperienced junior associate or law clerk handling your case. Unlike other firms or websites that you may have seen, our firm handles criminal appeals and post-conviction matters almost exclusively. However, since Mr. Forman also enjoys and excels in criminal trial litigation, he will also handle pending criminal cases on a select basis.
Who are some of our former clients?
Since the inception of the firm over 18 years ago, our firm has handled a wide variety of criminal, appellate and post-conviction matters. Although our legal fees are reasonable, our client list is impressive. We have represented a diverse group of clients over the last 17 years. Our firm is proud that our clients trusted us to handle their criminal cases and appellate matters. We understand that being arrested and convicted of a crime can be a life changing experience for everyone involved.
When you hire our firm, you will be confident that you chose the right lawyer. You will take comfort knowing that Mr. Forman has the criminal appellate experience that you need to handle your case. Our firm has even represented other criminal defense lawyers! Because Mr. Forman has earned a solid reputation, he is often asked to handle all sorts of legal matters for various individuals, such as:
- Criminal defense lawyers (criminal related & appellate)
- 1970’s worldwide celebrity/pop star (criminal)
- nuclear engineer (appeal)
- Son of a prosecutor (criminal)
- Son of a circuit court judge (criminal)
- Wife of a police legal adviser (criminal)
- Law enforcement officer (criminal)
- Circuit court judge (civil)
- Daughter of a circuit court judge (civil)
- Judicial assistants to two judges (civil)
- Police legal advisor (civil)
- Employees clerk of court (civil)
- NBA family members (criminal)
- Teachers (criminal)
Of course, you do not have to belong in one of these categories for us to represent you. We fight hard for every client until we can achieve the best possible result we can. After all, our firm relies upon the word of mouth of our former clients to help us obtain new clients. Click here to read testimonials from former clients of the Law Offices of Jason T. Forman and see for yourself how highly they think of us!
Our firm was designed to keep our legal fees reasonable and fair. We want you to be able to afford our legal services and experience the personal care and attention that you deserve. Remember, our goal is to get your conviction overturned or have your sentence reduced. While we certainly can never guarantee a favorable result, we will do everything that we legally can to achieve this goal.
Call us today at 954-527-5557 to speak to Mr. Forman, an experienced criminal appellate attorney. Regardless where your case originated, we can assist you. We proudly handle cases throughout the entire State of Florida! Our office is one block from the Broward County Main Courthouse in sunny downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Give us a call and see what we can do for you.
Education & Experience
- Leon County State Attorneys Office (1992), intern
- Florida State University (1993), Bachelor of Science in Criminology
- St. Thomas University School of Law (1996) Miami, Florida
- Certified Legal Intern, Fort Lauderdale Prosecutors Office (1995-96)
- Asst. City Prosecutor, Fort Lauderdale Prosecutors Office, Florida (1997-2000)
- Law Offices of Jason T. Forman, P.A. (2000-current), Criminal Trial & Appellate Litigation
Memberships & Associations
- Florida Bar 1997
- Broward County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Former Instructor – S.S.A.T.E. Program